Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Dead PSPresidents

GIF from www.pinterest.com
We know how you feel, Ron.

After the sad news that the PSP will stop being sold in Japan and Europe this year, I've decided to share what my favorite games for it were!

Call Of Duty: Roads To Victory
Photo from www.ign.com
The first game I ever got for my PSP (Along with Medal Of Honor: Heroes and Need For Speed Carbon: Own The City), this was the ultimate hipster Call Of Duty game that no one remembered. Sure, the graphics were terrible, but the missions stuck in my mind, and it was the only Call Of Duty game I remember that actually had a grading system after each level. The letters before each mission, and the quotes when you died were also pretty cool, but my biggest memory of the game was Lucky Thirteen, a mission in which you played as a pilot in a B24 Liberator plane, and got to man different guns.

Jackass: The Game
Image from www.armchairempire.com
As you can tell, I didn't really stick to the famous, greatest, well known PSP games. I remember this game having an amazing soundtrack, especially in the Party Boy mini game when you listened to, well, Party Boy, plus the little cutscenes that occurred whenever you unlocked a new character where some of the funniest in a game I've ever seen! My favorite minigames were Grenade Golf, where you had to smack grenades into a mansion until it was completely destroyed, and Urban Wakeboarding, where you "wakeboarded" on a bin lid towed by a pickup truck. Crazy times.


MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
Image from www.411mania.com
One of my favorite racing games ever, MotorStorm: Arctic Edge was one of the craziest games I've ever played, and one of the only PSP games me and my friends actually played together. The presentation of it was so friggin' cool, and all the cars had a real kick to them. The best thing about it, though, was the soundtrack, which literally had the best guitar riffs I have ever heard. Definitely my favorite PSP game of all time.

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Image from www.starwars-union.de
Although I'm not really a fan of Star Wars, the Battlefront series is one of my favorites, and Renegade Squadron was probably the last great Battlefront game. The ability to customize your own characters gave the game a whole nother layer, and Renegade Squadron was a game that I would play whenever I was near Wi Fi. The multiplayer was insane and crazy, and the teamwork feel that made Battlefront what it was was all there.

So, there's my favorite PSP games, so do you agree with me? Tell me in the comments below!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment